Saturday 18 June 2011

Hardware and Software Used in This Project

Hardware
The recording devices that have been used in my project are listed below. For the detailed information of each device, I have created a link which link to respective website. Just click on the name of the device.

Audio card:
 

Microphone to record Acoustic Guitar and Vocal: 

Microphone to Record Electrical Guitar and Bass:

 Monitoring Earphone:

 Software
The software I used to compose the music are:
  1. Audacity as the mixing platform
  2. Hydrogen Drum Machine as virtual drum beats.
Actually, Audacity is not as powerful as other platforms such as LMMS or Rosegarden. Those two may provide real time plug-in function, which you can change the effects at any time. Using audacity, each effect is processed before you can listen to it. However, what a pity that I can not set the JACK configuration right for LMMS or Rosgarden.
Hydrogen Drum Machine is the best choice to create drum beats. It is much professional compare with its alternative Freebirth.

Computer
I had been spend more than 1 week to solve the JACK issue, but I can't make it working. The JACK controller does not support my USB Audio Interface as well as some software as I mentioned before. However, those professional microphones has to be drive by the USB Audio Interface. Thus, I come up with my solution:
I used my Desktop PC installed with OS Windows 7 to drive my Audio interface. Install Audacity and record all the instruments and vocal using Audacity.
I do all the editing and composing work with Audacity and Hydrogen Drum Machine on my Laptop, which installed with Linux Ubuntu 10.04.

No comments:

Post a Comment